Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 . . . I will survive you!

Apparently my sisters didn't see my last post.  That's OK, I didn't tell them I had written one.  :)

I wrote two chapters today and my third book in a trilogy is currently at +12,000 words!  Hopefully this is a good sign for the new year. I can actually remember what it felt like this time last year.  I was going to write so much that year.  Truth was, I did.  I wrote 5 full books and finished 1 other I had been working on.  In total, I brought my written book numbers to 8.  How happy does that make me?  Pretty darn happy.

I will be working this year to write, edit, and read a book a month.  Reading should be easy (or would be). The thing is that I promised myself that I would read a book that I haven't yet read (ever!).  This is a big stretch for me.  I tend to stay with books that I know I love.  However, I figure that The Chronicles of Narnia series takes up 7 of those twelve I would like to read.  Other than that, I really want to read Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes and The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.  I read the first five chapters of DSB and the writing is amazing.  Arika tells me that Divergent by Veronica Roth is very good.  I have been following Ms. Roth on her blog for some time and believe in this claim.

I suppose we will see how everything goes this year.  I have decided that writing series is hard.  It is difficult to make sure that everything is being brought up as it should and that you haven't written something already.  It is rather stressful, but that's OK, the uncertainty is what makes the work fun.

I figure that I can write 5,000 words for six days of the week and 7,500 for Saturday.  After two weeks, I would have 75,000 words written.  That is pretty awesome since I usually stride for at least 55,000 words in a YA novel.

I am sure that there are some days I will not write, that is what happens in life.  But I hope that with the disappointment, I will be able to pick myself right back up and keep on going.  I am a writer, and writers write.

Have a great New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment