Sunday, January 29, 2012

Profound moments

If you remember, a few posts ago, I mentioned having a profound moment in the park. Well, I had another one.
Some days, I just feel empty --completely drained, no matter what kind of week I've had. On these days, I like to have nice, relaxing baths. I don't know what it is about water, but it makes me feel so free. From the bath tub to the ocean, I always feel at home when I'm in the thick of it, right up to my neck. When it rains, it only feels right when I let it fall all over my skin.
So, today, after coming to the realization that I felt completely and utterly drained, I filled a bath, turned off the lights, and let myself float away. But the profound part is that as I relaxed into the water, I could feel it refilling me, rejuvenating me so that when I finally got out of my tub, I felt brand new.
No matter who you ask, the idea that humans come from water is essentially universal. Now, I know that aiden, for one, could probably do without an extreme amount of water (firehead), but I think, if they're being honest, almost everyone will admit that water makes them feel more comfortable.
Well, have a good weekend!
Arika

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!!! Firehead. I literally laughed out loud for that one!! :D

    ReplyDelete