Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Name that Song!!

Life is a road and I wanna keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road--now and forever
A wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end, I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

That is the chorus of 'At the Beginning', by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis; you may recognize it from the hit animated movie, Anastastia. Well, I was thinking about the end of the year today, because I found out fairly recently that with school and everything, I would be quitting my job come January. So there I was, staring at my desk calender where it ended on December 31, and I couldn't help but think "What a journey," which led to me remembering this song, and writing it out.
It was one of those profound moments where an (arguably) pop song made me have a spiritual moment. There are really no ends, only shifts to new beginnings. Technically, yes, whatever you had been a part of ends, but there's always a beginning to follow it. Like when one door closes, another opens. And when this year ends, be it like the average year on December 31, or in a firey crazy apocolypse on December 21/22 (I really think the Mayans just need a new calender), I am going to have my sisters right beside me, standing on the forefront of the next beginning.

In other news, that hiccup I talked about last time continued longer than I thought. For a recap, there are three other characters to this story:
Blue--the guy I have been accused of crushing on
Green--the first guy to confront me about it (if you think this is backwards, just wait), and
Red--the second guy to confront me, who was conversing with Green about said relationship

Well, first, let me start four weeks ago. Green and I (as well as another friend, who doesn't play as big of a part, so let's just call him Yellow and forget) were stargazing, and one thing led to another, and Green asked me if I was interested in anyone in the group. Well, I went through each guy, including Blue, and explained why I wasn't interested in any of them. After that, I thought the matter was closed. Until that party where Red asked me again. Well, Red hadn't been stargazing, so he wouldn't know (I thought) and so I explained to Red why I wasn't interested in Blue. Red then commented that he and Green had been talking about it. Well, that's odd, I thought, I told Green just last week how I felt, he should know! So then the doubt set in; I became extremely concerned about how I acted around Blue and the other guys, because I'm not really one who honestly admits favoritism, and I work my hardest to make sure there isn't any proof of it--as a result, I backed off from the guys when we were hanging out.
Here is the kicker: that night, Green asked me if I was actually deep, head over heels in love with Blue because I HADN'T been as close to him or paying as much attention to him that night, "OBVIOUSLY" pointing to the fact that I had to have been hurt by him or upset at him in someway.
I was at a complete loss! How on God's green earth am I supposed to make it clear in both word and act that I'm not interested in Blue if I'm gonna be accused of loving him no matter how I act?!
Well, to clear the air, I talked to Blue this morning, and reaffirmed with him that we are, in fact, just friends, interested in each other only as friends, and completely totally comfortable with it. Afterwards, I talked to both Red and Green, explaining the entire timeline to them, and explaining to them what their insistance at my involvement with Blue had cost me in confidence in the past week.
Both of them agreed not to confuse fiction with reality, especially when it concerns my love life.
I've got to admit though, they actually got me to talk about my feelings for Blue with Blue, which is something I never saw myself doing. They're clever sons of guns.

So yea, the hiccup is over (I think, hope and desperately pray, because if they still think I'm just in denial, I don't think I can hang out with any of them any more), and I can finally go back to loving life.
Just in time for Halloween :D
One more catchy-pop-song-that-I-can't-get-out-of-my-head for the road!

The other night, you would not believe
the dream I just had about you and me
I called you up, and we both agreed
It's for the best you didn't listen
It's for the best to keep our distance
Ooooh-oooh
It's for the best you didn't listen
It's for the best to keep our distance
Oh-oh-oh-Oh!

See you next week!
Arika

No comments:

Post a Comment