Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Treat

I closed my eyes, and took a deep calming breath. This was so much more than I had bargained for on a single Halloween. I could feel Aiden shaking from adrenaline and hear Jassy's quick, shallow breaths. 
"We didn't mean to provoke you!" I yelled to the spirit that had to have been in the room. The recorder in my hand picked up my voice, and then continued to move, as if someone else was speaking. 
"Let us go, and we won't come back!" Jassy stammered, sounding about as frightened as I felt. 
The meter on the recorder continued to bounce up and down, at greater intervals now, as if something was yelling. I heard a creak behind us; when I looked up, I saw the facade, and the porcelain plates begin to lean. 
"Get down!" 

Mwahahahahaha!!!! Tis that beautiful time of year again when one can dress up like absolutely anything they want to, and run around for hours as a different person. It's one of my favorite holidays. I have my costume all ready to go, and tomorrow I will become a nineteenth century batgirl!
I can't wait!!!
I have been planning this costume for months, slowly massing every piece until finally, it all came together. The only thing that could make it more amazing would be if I could get a little handheld crossbow. Or a grappling hook. One of the two.
I had a mostly fantastic weekend, during which I decided that I'm not going to be hanging out with Blue, Green, or Red for a while. I need a break, and all they're doing is causing me frustration. I can't say I'm happy about it, but it's obviously needed.
I am incredibly excited for the coming months, because ...well, I can't think of a definitive reason why, I just know that I am. Maybe I'm hoping things will improve.
In any case, here's the next part of the story:

I pushed off a piece of broken facade, and coughed out some of the dust. If my sisters were any indication of how I looked, then I was covered in thick, pale, drywall dust. 
"Is everyone ok?" Aiden asked, carefully removing broken pieces of plate from her hair. 
"Other than choking on dust?" Jassy answered, taking a moment to spit out some of the residue that had made it to her mouth. 
"We're all doing that," Aiden tossed the last shard of porcelain from her hair aside, "I mean did the broken plates cut you?"
"Oh, well, when you put it that way--"
"Hush," I said, checking the moniter that had miraculously managed to make it through rather unscathed, "Something's wrong." 
"What?" Jassy murmured, quieted by my seriousness. 
"The recorder is still picking up on something." 
"Not us?" Aiden had a point. 
"No," A deep voice suddenly boomed behind us, "Not you." 

Happy Halloween!!
Arika ^.^


No comments:

Post a Comment