Thursday, November 3, 2011

So, I'm back home! And I've finally reacclimated, so I think my body is completely over the travel. I miss my sisters dearly, and I can't wait to see them again!
So, apparently the days after completely-awful-terrible-life-is-against-me days are fantastic for writing. Maybe all of the terrible things that happen trigger some sort of inspiration. Who knows? All I know is that by the end of yesterday, my one thought was 'life can go suck eggs' and then today I had everything ready for writing and character development.
Weird, right?
And, I learned something very valuable from my english teacher. Apparently, when she got married, she recieved a pound or so of Jamacian Blue coffee. According to her, Jamacain Blue isn't just coffee, it's coffee; like specifically-set-an-hour-aside-to-enjoy-the-cup kind of coffee. She was presented with a choice. She could enjoy only so many cups of pure Jamacain Blue, or she could mix it with Folgers (which, she admitted, gets the job done in the morning). So what did she choose? Well, she, like the class, thought that mixing Jamacain Blue with Folgers was nothing short of sacraligious! And so she enjoyed the small amount of Jamacian Blue, completely pure.
So how, you may find yourself asking, is coffee anything like writing?
I'll tell you.
Think of Jamacain Blue as the right words that get the job completely done, perfect simply by themselves. Then think of Folgers as the words that are ok, but if they weren't there, it would still be perfectly fine.
Don't add excess words! They aren't needed! Don't corrupt your Jamacain Blue with Folgers!!!!
Anyway, hopefully tomorrow and saturday will be better; by all accounts, they should be. And I hope you learned something valuable from my coffee lecture!
Ttyl~!
Arika

No comments:

Post a Comment