Thursday, November 3, 2011

Meaning of LIfe

I'm not really sure what to write.  Today has been a difficult day.  My dog, my sweet Rosie died last night. It was her time to go and I'm glad that she is no longer in pain.  It is a little more difficult for me to deal with because I am away at college (not to mention 14 hours away) so there was no way for me to say goodbye to her.  I am happy that she did not have to endure more pain and suffering.
I suppose I will always miss  her.  She was a great dog with her sister Halie that has been gone for a few years now.  
I can still remember when I was very sad one day.  I was upstairs in my room, crying, wondering why things were so bad.  The next thing I knew, Rosie had nosed her way into my room.  She looked at me as if to say, "Don't worry kid, I'm right here."  Then she jumped up on my bed and cuddled with me.  She let me cry into her curly fur, and just hold her.  Even though she couldn't not hug me, she was a great comfort to me that day.  
I remember when Halie and Rosie were just puppies, and we were training them to go to the bathroom on newspapers, we got so frustrated, because they never seemed to get it.  One morning, my family and I hear this yell from the bathroom.  My father had set his newspaper outside of the door, and when he came out to get it, there was a nice wet present waiting for him.  
I remember Rosie's soft, curly fur that would get crazy whenever we didn't cut it.  I remember that she would lick me every chance she got.  She just wanted to be near us.  She was a people dog. 
I remember that Rosie was definitely more athletic than Halie, she was faster, and stronger, but all she wanted to do was curl up between our open legs and watch a movie with us while Halie wanted to play ball.  
I remember the last time I saw her.  Rosie still managed to wag her tail at me, and give me a kiss of good luck as I stepped away from my home to go to college.  
I know it might seem silly because she is an animal, but she was a good friend to me.  I love her, and I will always miss her.  I know that if she could talk, she wouldn't want me to be sad.  Rather, as my brother said, she is probably having lots of fun playing with her sister again.  Oh how I miss her.  I hope to see her again.  One day.  





No comments:

Post a Comment