Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tis the Season to . . . .EAT!

I finished yet another book.  This was Book #8 and my very first sequel.  How happy does that make me?  It makes me as happy as I would be if I suddenly saw a duck moonwalking.  It makes me this happy.




Anyway, so now I have two more books to write by the end of the year, and one to edit for a special purpose (I can't tell you what it is because my mom reads this, and it's going to be a big surprise!!).  I had Thanksgiving with the head guy of my church.  He invited me to have it with his family who were all very nice.  It was the first time I had had Thanksgiving dinner in a long time.  True, I didn't have any turkey, but I had mashed potatoes (that I'd helped peel by the way), and a green bean casserole (which was delicious), and many other things.  I stayed clear of the pies, and other disgusting Thanksgiving food items that make me start gagging to think about.
I'm starting to realize that my semester is almost done.  That is crazy.  It has gone by so fast. I love it up here in college.  It is so nice to have this extra freedom and finally be on my own (just as long as my mom is only a phone call away).
My college is strange in that there are 'technically' three semesters, but all students only ever go to two in any given year. My college time is from September-December and April-July.  I have a four month break between semesters and then about a month break between the semesters during the summer.  I'm so grateful for this break because it gives me time to go to work and make more money.  Not to mention the fact that I will have time to write more often.  You see Jassy and I are on different systems (She goes to school from September-December, and January-April), so I don't have too many friends back at home that  really hang out with.  Arika will be there, so every weekend we will be painting the town red.  Then of course, I have other friends, but they are on a regular school system.
While it is sort of depressing that I won't get to see a ton of my friends, I'm actually looking forward to the experience of writing as much as I want (within the bounds of my work at least).
This next year is to be one full of editing.  We will see where that leads me.
Lastly, I have to bring up how much I enjoy the Christmas Season.  There is such a feeling in the air, and I just love it.  There is snow here (which I am so not used to being from a desert and all), and I love the chance I get to wear my beanies that my dearest mother made me.

I hope you are all having a fantastic day.

Aiden

No comments:

Post a Comment