Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Goddesses and what not

So, two more fun facts: I love greek/roman mythology, and i love personality quizzes.
Last night, as I was researching for an idea that came to mind, I stumbled across a goddess archetype quiz that takes a very in-depth look at personality and which greek goddess one relates to most of all. Well, after an hour (the scoring process was horribly tedious and it took me a few tries to come up with the most efficient method) I had my results: Aphrodite got the highest, followed by Artemis and then Athena.
Well, I thought for sure that I would score with Athena as my highest, as I've always been one for books and knowledge, but then I really thought about it, and realized that my results were perfectly accurate.
You see, during my adolescent years, I was, in fact, a bookish tomboy who always wanted to be as good, if not better than the boys. But now that I'm growing up, I have different priorities. While I still love my books, and I have a thirst for knowledge, it's not a competition anymore--it's for me. At the same time, I've found that right now, I'm finding the most value in my relationships, with friends and family, both platonic and romantic. So now I'm in a rut because my two strengths are what appear to be complete opposites. Keyword being 'appear'. Actually, aside from the status of their virginity and their hobbies, the two aren't terribly different. Both Artemis and Aphrodite are, in a way, virgin goddesses, in that they refused to let a man 'take' them against their choice. So really, I interpret my results to be that I have stepped back from trying to be better than everyone, and I'm slowly becoming a far stronger woman. I'm embracing my femininity, but that doesn't mean I'm about to let anyone walk over me.
So, just because you think that you should have ended up a certain way doesn't mean that the result isn't true. When you recieve an unexpected result, take the time to actually think about the results, and figure out for yourself how true it is.

In other news, as Aiden mentioned, she, Max and I are going to go visit our favorite teacher! She is the teacher that really introduced me to what I want to do after college, and she is one of the laces that makes the bond between Max, Aiden, Jassy and I so strong. I can't wait to see her again!

Have a great day!
Arika :)

No comments:

Post a Comment