Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bathroom Tendencies

Good Evening,

I have come to realize that all of us have certain things we do, perhaps without realizing it.  It was yesterday that I realized one of my weird quirks.
When I use a public restroom, there are certain rituals I go through first.

1. Lock the stall (very important and I hope you all do the same)
2. Hang my purse, jacket, etc on the hook.
3. Rip off a 6in piece of toilet paper and throw it in the toilet.
4. Cover the toilet with the covers or toilet paper.
5. Do my business.
6. If there happens to be someone in the stall next to me, I will study their feet.

I know, this is strange.  Is just who I am.  Let me explain.  The first two seem like a logical plan for going to the bathroom in unknown territory.  The others. . . besides number 5 of course seem perhaps a little out of the ordinary.

I rip off half a foot or so becuase I am scared by germs.  Someone else used the bathroom before it, and most likely they used their hands to tear the toilet paper.  Hands = Germs.

 Then, I take even more precaution by covering the porcelain God.
 

The whole foot thing, I realize is funny, or strange, or crazy.  But honestly, it is interesting, and you can learn a lot about a person by studying a rather insignificant piece of their anatomy while they are preocupied with rather urgent matters.  Sometimes, they will flex their toes, or stand on their tip toes, or even, tap out a rythmn.  Though to what I have no idea. I'm not sure if I want to know. 

So there you have a peek into something that I do without even realizing it.  It is rather strange, but it's a part of who I am.  :) 

Saturday was my last day home, and I'm now traveling with my parents! I should be up at school on Thursday for orientation, and then classes start on Monday! Craziness.  I hope you all have a great weekend, and I hope that at some point you will take a moment to remember those who died on 9/11.  Never forget America!

Aiden

No comments:

Post a Comment