Monday, December 3, 2012

Perspective

Ok, soooo that Florence and the machine story is taking longer than I expected, so congrats Aiden on being the only one to get it up in a timely manner! Haha!
Well, like aiden said, it's amazing how quickly a little detail in your life can change. Over the weekend, one small change took place, a change that most people regard as a defining characteristic. People are judged over this tiny detail every day; sometimes it makes or breaks lives.
But I'm here to tell you, it's not nearly that climactic of a change. It's a big step sure, and one that will take some serious deciding to come to, but, well, truth be told, I kinda figured it was going to happen sometime in this year a few months ago. So I was ready when the moment came, and I knew there was no other answer. It's probably a bit surprising to some people who know me, considering my normal mindset, and my mindset through high school, but now, it seems like there was never any question. And I'm not any different: there was no huge, unbelievable moment where I thought my life had changed forever. It's as if nothing actually happened.
Don't get me wrong, the experience was breath-taking, and I'm certainly never gonna forget it, but I'm not different, nothing changed.
Nothing bad is gonna happen, even when I made this "huge" decision, everything was perfectly ok. Suddenly, every other change I know is gonna happen doesn't seem nearly as big.
I'm ok


Arika

No comments:

Post a Comment