Monday, August 13, 2012

Rain, rain, come and stay

Well folks, I'm not sure if you realize this, but I live in a desert. So, naturally, it's gets really dry.
And REALLY hot.
A lot.
Today, however (ok, technically this whole weekend) we have had a few small respites for the dry heat, even if the alternative was humidity out the wazoo. Right now though, it's raining, and I'm out on my porch, enjoying the parade of sensations.
Speaking of which, I recently discovered the Briggs Myers test. It's a personality test which assigns one of sixteen personality types at the conclusion. Theoretically, this won't tell you anything you don't already know, it just puts it into words. Well, as is my habit, I asked several of my closest friends to take it and tell me their result.
Apparently, I hang out with a lot of like minded people, none of whom are like me.
I am an ENFJ, which stands for Extrovert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging. Feel free to go read the Wikipedia page on ENFJs, it describes me pretty well. Out of the six people I asked who responded, four were ISTJ (one, however, was apparently evenly between ISTJ and ISTP). Still, needless to say, I was quite surprised by the results.
(Side note, the rain just got really, really heavy, and now there's thunder above us!)
Back to the story, the funny thing is, all of them fit it, really well, but in their own way. The Myers Briggs is definitely something to consider exploring.
Also, I watched the perseid meteor shower the past two nights, and my goodness! What sights! I was thoroughly impressed by the light show, but it was even better because last night I experienced it with a few fantastic friends. I didn't wish on any of them, that seemed like cheating. But just because I wasn't wishing on the stars doesn't mean I wasn't praying for something to happen ;)
Let's just hope it comes true.
Best wishes and lots of rain,
Arika :)

No comments:

Post a Comment