Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hey
Hey
Hey you
Yeah, you
Hey
Guess what
I GET MY SISTERS BACK NEXT WEEK!!!
I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Now that that is out of my system (even though it never really is), time to get to business!
So... two days ago, I had a very strange dream--very, very strange dream.
Let me start by getting the detail that's been really bothering me about it out of the way. I was married to my best friend; when I say best friend, I mean my it's-never-going-to-be-anything-more best friend (believe me, sometimes I wish it was otherwise). Don't get me wrong, I've had dreams where I've been married to him before--most of them end up with something going inevitably wrong.
Just like this one.
So apparently, by marrying him, I angered somebody enough to send an assassin after us. But, thanks to the beauty of dreaming, I was perfectly aware an assassin was coming my way, and, thanks to a knife I had placed under my dream-pillow, I ended up cutting her throat.
She didn't die.
She didn't fight or do anything, mind you, but she was just kinda sitting there, looking at me like she had still somehow won. Well, knowing that she was an assassin, I pinned her (which she let me do rather easily, still just kinda sitting there) and woke up my friend. This is how the dialouge went.
"Hey, wake up!"
"What?"
"There's someone trying to kill us!"
He looked over to where I had the unmoving assassin 'immobilized'
"Why did you wake me up?"
"Uh, because she's trying to KILL US!"
"So? It looks like you've got it,"
"SERIOUSLY?!"
"Yep"
And then he rolled over and went back to sleep, leaving me to deal with the easily dispatched assassin.
While I am happy to know that my dream-friend trusts my mad--ly non-existant kung fu skills enough to take care of an assassin, honestly, I expected him to take control of the situation, and as it is, he normally takes control all the time. So to watch him just turn over and go back to sleep while there was someone trying to kill him and his new wife--I guess it kinda bothered me.

In other news, my book is actually going really smoothly, which I am VERY happy with. Until next time lovely readers :)
Arika

1 comment:

  1. I literally laughed out loud. Your best guy friend always has been the lazy kind even though he does take control! :) I can't wait to see you Rika!!

    ReplyDelete