Sunday, January 27, 2013

I wrote another book.

Okay, so maybe this is considered bragging, but since nobody reads this blog anyways besides Jassy and Arika, I don't feel too bad.

Anyway, I totally wrote another book this past week. In other words, I started this book on January 21 and ended it today January 27, 2013.  I wrote 55,429 words in 7 days. That is an average of *Pulls up nifty laptop calculator* 7,918 words a day. Not that i followed that average.

Some days it was only 5,000, and other days it was 13,000. For example, today I wrote 12,113. That was because on Friday i didn't write anything. I felt bad, but not too bad because i was sick. Heck, I am still sick.

But, I still wrote 55,000+ words. So, think on that writer's block.

In truth, I honestly don't believe in writer's block. I believe in "I'm a lazy person" block, and "I wrote something in the wrong way and now my imaginary friends won't let me forget it" block. But never do I think for one second that a true writer can sit down at the computer and not know what they need to type.

I used to be very lazy. Heck, I'm still very lazy, but i do know that I have a story to write and I have to get past being lazy.

How do I do it?  Well, for one thing, I make sure that I can acutlaly write as much as I want to during the day. In order to write a book a week, I told myself that I had to write 3 chapters (from 2,500-3,000 words each) every day. (My novels tend to be about 50,000-55,000 words long)

When I was really into writing during my Senior year, I found that I could easily write two chapters a day. Well, if I could write two chapters a day, surely three wouldn't be so bad. Think again.

It was hard. But, I honestly enjoyed every minute of it. I feel like my writing has gotten so much better. That is mainly because I realized that if I was going to write three chapters, I had to write what really mattered. I had to set times for me to write. I would spend anywhere from 35-95 minutes on each chapter. Eventually, I was able to be extremely nitpicky about my writing time.

My mom was (and is) amazing. She knows how much I love writing, and because of that, she put off asking me for help with everything she needed for hours at a time.

I guess my point is,
1. Know what you want to do and do it.
2. Literally, stick your but in a chair and just do it.
3. Find people (whether family or firends) who are supportive of you and are willing to help you achieve your goals.
4. Have a party every time you are able to accomplish a goal. 

:D

I hope you have a great week.  I am going to go start writing the last book in a  SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I really want to sleep so my throat will get better.

Aiden

No comments:

Post a Comment